Saturday, October 10, 2020

OctPoWriMo, Day 10

It's midafternoon; I slept in until 7:45 this morning - pure decadence. I've been creatively engaged all day: morning pages (thanks, The Artist's Way!), dancing, playing the autoharp, composing a song parody, journaling, and now here we are. Let's do this, shall we?

Poetry Prompts: Write for ten minutes, or more if necessary, about what you want/need to let go of, what still triggers upset when you think of it, what turns your stomach. If you have your own way of letting it go, do so when you are finished writing. If you don't, one way I like to let go is to burn the page (in a safe container or outside in a firepit - be safe) and visualize myself letting it go as the smoke drifts away. 

Word Prompts: Letting go, forgiveness, victory, smoke Poetry Type: Tyburn, CinqTroisDecaLa (I chose CinqTroisDecaLa Rhyme.

You

Memories of a hillside dotted with tropical flowers
Days and nights together when we'd sit, talk and laugh for hours
You were, from the start to the end, the most wonderful surprise
But you were stolen from me; reminder that everything dies
Can I let go? Go back to what I thought happy was before?
Or is it too late? Horse is out; why bother to close the door?
Must I continue to live this life I don't want anymore?
If I could have, for just a moment, all magical powers,
I would use them to bring you here, to hold you and feast my eyes
There's no bringing you back; no stitching the hole that your death tore

2 comments: