Thursday, October 15, 2020

OctPoWriMo, Day 15

Two days from now is the day that Doug and I should be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. Instead, I'll spend it the way I've spent most days since February 20, and every single day since March 12: completely alone, wishing I could just be wherever he is, even if that's nowhere.

This trip has been a waste of time, and money, and hope. But that's for a lengthy blog post when I return to Tennessee. For now, let's talk poetry: I read through today's prompts, and... I just can't. Not today. Too much work. It's all I can do to stop crying long enough to write at all. So a short-and-not-at-all-sweet haiku it is.

No Compassionate Release

Her last hope has failed
Grief's prison won't let her go
Life sentence of pain

6 comments:

  1. What a heartbreaking day for you. Well done for ignoring the prompt and writing for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela. 🧡 I actually love the prompt, and I'll absolutely do it at some point. Just... not today.

      Delete
  2. I see you, I hear you, and I am listening. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete