Monday, October 5, 2020

OctPoWriMo Day 5

OK, this has been a truly horrible day with not a SINGLE redeeming moment. I do NOT want to do this, but I'm trying to honor my commitments, so I'm gonna phone one in. Sorry.

Today's prompt: Write about creating from the heart. WWhat does it mean to create from the heart? Reach in and dig deep. Where is the center of your creativity?

Word Prompts: Healing, Creating, Heart

Poetry Type prompts: Shape Poetry or Licentia Rhyme Form (I went with Shape Poetry)


Teardrops

I
do
not
think
there's
healing
that'll fix
my heart or
return the spirit
that lived inside me.
Creating needs openness, 
seeing what isn't already there,
letting go and feeling and being.
Creating needs an open mind & heart.
My heart stays locked up tight. Feelings
swirl out of control. Chaos consumes all
things around me. Chaos renders my
life terrifying and empty and ever-
oppressive. Monsters lurk at
every corner waiting for
my tears so they
can feed.

6 comments:

  1. You may think you phoned this one in, but it's pretty powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Maybe I should write when I'm exhausted more often. :-)

      Delete
  2. Kathleen, this really speaks to me. It's a worthy example of a shape poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a very strong shape poem, that says what it needs with powerful explanations of what brings on such sadness. You can be proud of your shape poem.

    ReplyDelete