Wednesday, October 7, 2020

OctPoWriMo, Day 7

I swear, people, I do NOT go into every day's poetry prompt looking for reasons to write about death and misery. But c'mon! Every day's topic seems to be a perfect fit for my mood! (Off topic: all those years I used to joke, saying "I like my chocolate dark and bitter, like my personality," I was being hyperbolic. And now, it's true - I AM dark and bitter. Sigh...) 

Moving on, today's prompt: 

"He who learns must suffer." -Aeschylus

Do you remember when you were a child and a growth spurt left you with aches and pains in your arms and legs? Sometimes we must endure pain in order to grow. What are you going through right now? What can you learn from it? What have you endured in the past that taught you something about yourself?

Word Prompts: Pain, Growth, Learning, Finding yourself 

Suggested Poetry Type: Triolet, Villonet (I went with Triolet)

The End or a New Beginning?

The caterpillar plans to die;
She doubts that new life can take hold.
Few people understand like I.
The caterpillar plans to die,
And after, oh! how she will fly - 
If only she can grow so bold.
The caterpillar plans to die;
She doubts that new life can take hold



No comments:

Post a Comment