Monday, August 3, 2020

Lost Day, the sequel

I've already written, at great length, about the Lost Day that was Saturday. so I'm not going to make you suffer through that again.

But it turns out the whole damn weekend was Lost Days. I woke up at 7:00 yesterday morning, to a crisp, cool morning. An early Fall kind of morning. A stay-in-bed-and-snuggle kind of morning. Except that I couldn't stay in bed and snuggle, because my snuggle partner is dead. So I dragged my ass out of bed, took Kellogg out, fed the animals, and then proceeded to space out and doze intermittently until 4:30, at which point I got up, ate, took a shower, walked the dog again and fed the animals, and got ready for the script read.

That script read was the only social or recreational or remotely productive thing I did the entire weekend.  Full disclosure: I did NOT want to do it. I mean, I wanted to do it when I agreed to do it, and I wanted to do it when we rehearsed last weekend. Last night, though? I just wanted to stay curled up in my bed until work this morning. But I was not about to put a bunch of other people in a lurch, so I put my my big-girl panties and made myself do it. And I'm glad, because it was a lovely experience; I'm privileged to get to perform with some incredibly talented people. 

I have many more thoughts on the weekend, but none of them is good. All I can say is that my go-to when asked how I am is, "still alive; still mad about it." 

On the bright side, my work day was good, so I'm definitely getting back some of my mojo there. Not as much as I'd like, and not as fast as I'd like, but at least I'm starting to feel as though I'm earning my salary. 

But despite doing literally nothing all weekend (seriously, it's as though I was catatonic for two solid days), I'm absolutely exhausted. So tonight's going to be an early "dinner" (YES, I'm going to have a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich, with potato chips and a Coke, because it's what I'm in the mood for), and an early bedtime. With any luck, I'll get up early enough to work out tomorrow. WHY I'm going to bother to try and do that, I don't know. But I'm gonna keep going through the motions, because apparently that's just what I'm supposed to do. 🤷‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment