Wednesday, March 11, 2020

February 18 2020 - Post-surgery Day One

This is reposted from my Facebook page.

We had a brief scare last night when Doug's blood pressure kinda tanked, but he's on medication to help with that, and it's working.
Dr Kim (his surgeon) came by early this morning, and did an ultrasound of his feet; pulse is loud and clear in both, so his blood flow is good.
He's still very heavily sedated so he won't pull out his ventilator tube, or any of the numerous lines he has plugged in, but he's awake and able to respond to commands and communicate via head nods/shakes and shrugging his shoulders. (He shook his head no when I asked if he was in pain, but shrugged his shoulders when I asked if he was uncomfortable, so he still has his sense of humor).
He's having some renal insufficiency, but no one seems too terribly concerned about that just yet, given all the trauma his body has been through.
The goal as of now is to get him off the vent today, but that's subject to change based on any number of factors, all of which are far above my pay grade. But the nursing staff has been wonderful about keeping me in the loop and explaining things that are out of my knowledge base, and they're taking GREAT care of him.
If you messaged me and I haven't responded, I apologize. It's been a whirlwind these past 24 hours; please know that I appreciate you reaching out, and please don't take it personally if I don't get back to you.
Barring any significant changes, I'll post an update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment