Wednesday, March 11, 2020

February 23 2020 - Day Three without my love

I've tried to keep busy today; putting together the program for Doug's final curtain call, getting in touch with the staff at the hospital who cared for Doug to invite them, arranging some musical performances, and, most painful, writing and revising my eulogy for him. It's LONG, y'all, not gonna lie. But there's so much I need to share with all of you about who he was. It's not all doom and gloom, I promise; there'll be plenty of laughter mixed in with the tears. But it's gonna be brutal for me. Thank God for all these years acting, because I'm going to need those skills to keep my emotions in check.
I had some bags full of crushed cardboard boxes that I needed to get rid of. (Don't ask - my husband damn near HOARDED cardboard boxes. See, the cats love boxes. And so we had boxes EVERYWHERE. But Mama has limits, so they've gotta go.)
So my lovely friend Leah St. Germain came by and took them off my hands (thank you for the talk, my friend).
Sleep status: fell asleep at 3:00 AM; woke up at 6:00 AM.
Eating status: still not happening. I may just have found the trendy new bikini diet - lose your reason for living and look GREAT for beach season!
Other: man, it just fucking sucks. I'm powering through so our family can give Doug a send-off that's worthy of him, but beyond that is nothing but a big black hole.
In other news, my hair - already thin enough (thanks for passing THAT down, Mom!) - is now falling out in clumps. Stress is a bitch, yo. So if, by Saturday, I look like I'm going through chemo, now you know why.
That's all I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment