Wednesday, March 11, 2020

February 20 2020 - the day my life ended, the announcement

This is reposted from my Facebook page.

I've been struggling for over an hour with what to say.
There have been two men in my life whom I have truly loved beyond all measure. One is my son Andrew, who has become such a wonderful, kind, good man, and I'm honored that I've had the privilege of being his mom.
The other is the man who taught me that I AM lovable, who convinced me that I AM beautiful, and who loved me totally and completely just as I am.
Doug died at about 6:20 PM. He started coding at about 5:45, and they worked on him for a long, long time; much longer than I probably had any right to expect. But they simply couldn't get him back.
I lived without him for 50 years, but I don't know how to do life without him now; that's how much he changed me.
I will be forever grateful to him for the time we had. Please know that I love all of you for praying for him.
I need a day to try and figure out what to do next. Please allow me to have that space.
Thank you for loving Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment