Wednesday, March 11, 2020

February 22 2020 - Day Two without my love, our wedding video

Today was rough. I've cried A LOT these past few days, but today was full on, heaving sobs, wailing, uncontrollable tears that didn't want to quit.
So I reached out to my gal friends, hoping just one of them would come grab me and get me out of this house for a while. I got so much more than that. Tanya Grisham, Tanya Hudson Sturm, Mary Joanna Peralta, and Pamela Benedict, thank you. They dragged my pathetic ass to Starbucks (along with the box of Kleenex that never leaves my side) and listened to me tell stories and cry for a good... Three hours? And my beloved son, Andrew DeFilippo, joined us as well, because he's not afraid to hang with a bunch of crazy old broads. I don't know what I did to deserve such a fucking PHENOMENAL son, but I'm more grateful for him than I could ever express.
Be sure to watch for the YouTube video entitled "homeless woman cries over wrong foam in macchiato" (™ Michael Philip Welch).
Speaking of YouTube videos... Doug and I had decided that our wedding video was just for us. But, without him here to watch it with me, that seems wrong. So I've uploaded it to YouTube. I think all of you who love him should get to see him at what I like to think was among the happiest moments of his life. Certainly, it was among the happiest of mine.
Keep in mind, this is not a polished, edited video - it's the full experience, complete with unexpected asides and unanticipated humor. It's a huge file, so it's gonna take a long time to load. I hope it brings some comfort to his friends who loved him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment